Thoughts, opinions, and recommendations on (mostly) fantastic movies.

Monday, October 3, 2011

About This Blog


Some people make blogs because they want to share some parts of their daily lives. Tell inspirational stories. Write poetries or send out lyrical proses to the world.

I made one because I want to write about movies.

The materials in this blog are not really reviews, at least not in conventional sense. Assigning numerical value or grade to a movie is not really my goal; my writings are merely collection of thoughts and commentaries on movies. They are really just raw, reactive, and entirely subjective opinions that hopefully should be accessible to everyone.

As for the kind of movies that will appear here, there are no absolute rules that I follow. I do have specific preferences, though:

1) Most importantly, they are good/great movies that I like. Why? Simple: I prefer to gush and talk about good stuffs, instead of jeering and insulting bad stuffs. There may be exceptions though, such as bad movies that I feel are not complete failure and have some interesting parts that I would like to discuss.

2) The blog emphasizes on diversity, featuring movies from various kind of genres and cultural background. There will be a slight leaning toward Asian and American (Hollywood in particular) cinemas, since those are the ones I am most exposed to, but in general I will try to be as diverse as possible.

3) Unfortunately, this is not going to be an up-to-date blog that constantly feature recent movies just being released. The blog contains mostly retrospective posts on random movies being released in the past few decades, as well as occasional lists and a look at classic movies.

4) To fulfill my personal cultural obligation, I will also have a certain bias toward Indonesian movies. They will probably appear every three to five posts.

Pardon my occasional grammar/textual mistakes, as English is my second language and the primary reason of me making this blog is to practice my English writing ability. I chose to write about movies because it is one of my major interests and I think I will never run out of materials if I focus on that subject, instead of making a free-form blog and posting whatever random things come to my head (like I intended before).

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment